Sunday 9 January 2011

Love that Job

This year, I have effectively had two rather weighty summer holidays. In no way is this a bad thing. What has slightly worried is that I am still planning lessons, looking for ideas, websites and resources that once I have a clearer focus of the aspects of Geography I will be teaching in the future, I can mould into tight little resources.
I have always told people who have asked me that I really like my job. In fact on most occasions, I tell them that I actually love my job. Which is a big claim coming from a man who is notoriously non plussed by many things in life!Over the course of my NQT year, I was guilty of having a little moan every now and again but now I realise that I was mostly just appeasing many who moaned around me because I loved it. Being away from a scenario often makes people reassess those experiences and I have done that immensely, I love being a teacher and not just, as many people assume about our profession, for the reason outlined in my first sentence.
Why work so hard to do something you don't necessarily enjoy that much, I have worked my backside off to be in a profession and do a job that I love and hopefully will continue to love for the majority of my career.
To use a phrase that I have heard a great deal in Oz, Props to all teachers, but especially the geographers around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment